top of page

Frequently Asked Questions

  • Is retaining an immigration Consultant worth it?


It is natural to wonder if an immigration consultant is worth the cost. You can find a lot of information online and considering the high costs, some people wonder if they can handle their case themselves.

If you want to have the best chance of success, the specialist knowledge of an immigration consultant may well be worth the money. Immigration cases are rarely simple and even filling out a form correctly can be a daunting task for people who have never done it before. Finding the right advice can make all the difference, and when it comes to your rights to live and work in a country, it can be worth the extra investment to ensure the best chance of getting the desired outcome.

Always ensure that you provide all relevant paperwork and evidence to your consultant to give you the best possible chance of success.

  • What benefits do I have if I become a permanent resident of Canada?

Canadian permanent residents and their dependents are entitled:

1) To receive almost all social benefits that Canadian citizens are entitled to, including Canadian health care.

2) To live, work and study in any Canadian province or territory.

3) To eventually apply for Canadian citizenship.

4) To protection under Canadian law and the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms.

with three (3) exceptions:

1-Permanent residents cannot vote;

2-Permanent residents cannot hold a Canadian passport; and

3-Permanent residents can be deported for certain criminal convictions.

  • what is permanent residence in Canada?

Obtaining "permanent residence" or "permanent resident status" in Canada is also known as "immigrating to Canada" or becoming a "landed immigrant."

The successful result of Canadian Immigration process is the issuance of an “immigrant visa” or “confirmation of permanent residence document” known as COPR . Persons who have received an immigrant visa/confirmation of permanent residence document, must present themselves to an Immigration officer at one of Canada's official ports of entry to become landed immigrants.

  • How long does it take to get a permanent residence visa to immigrate to Canada?

Every application is different and processing times largely depend on the type of visa being applied for. For an indication of current Canadian visa processing times please click here.


  • How can I become a permanent resident of Canada?

To be eligible to immigrate to Canada, one must meet the requirements of one of the many categories of Canadian Immigration:
Federal Skilled Worker Class
Federal Skilled Trades Class
Canadian Experience Class
Business Class
Family Class
and apply for Permanent Residence in Canada through a designated Case Processing Centre or Centralized Intake Office.

  • How can I become a citizen of Canada?

After having resided in Canada for a total of 1095 days within a consecutive five year period of time as a permanent resident of Canada, one is eligible to apply for Citizenship. If you believe you are eligible to apply for Canadian Citizenship you can contact us.

  • I would like to obtain a Work Permit. Can you help me?

Yes. Please review the information on our website and fill the assessment form.


  • I would like to obtain a Study Permit. Can you help me?

Yes. Please review the information on our website and fill the assessment form.


  • I would like to obtain a Temporary Resident Visa. Can you help me?

Yes. Please review the information on our website and fill the assessment form.

  • Can the immigration authorities refuse my application?

Yes. Many applicants are unaware how strictly the immigration regulations are enforced and are unnecessarily refused or delayed due to technical errors on their application or by submitting the wrong supporting documentation. It is therefore recommended to consider seeking the professional guidance and independent advice of a RCIC Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant  before lodging an application for residence. Consultants exist to help you find the best way through the immigration maze and are highly effective at doing so.

  • What are the first steps, I don’t know where to start?

There are many different ways that one can qualify themselves and their family for Canadian permanent residency. In fact, there are over 60 categories of Canadian immigration. The best way to proceed is to have a qualified expert assess your qualification for a Canada immigration visa.

For a assessment please fill out the assessment form.

  • How do I know that your company is authorized to represent me?

PLEASE NOTE: All immigration consultants should be registered and regulated with ICCRC (Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council) and be aware of many immigration offers from individuals who are not licensed practitioners and acquiring their services can jeopardize your immigration application.

Shaya immigration Services is founded by Azadeh Jorabchi (RCIC) a licensed immigration consultant and a member of ICCRC and the company is registered under the British Columbia provincial Law. In order to verify our status with ICCRC please click here.

bottom of page